What is Blokalert?
BlokAlert is a wireless, audio-visual warning system that can be quickly and easily deployed to the hook block of a crane.
When activated by the lifting crew, the BlokAlert receiver gives out a recognisable audio-visual signal that can be seen and heard by site personnel in proximity to the hook block or load.
This forewarns the workforce to the position and movements of the hook block, increases awareness and reduces the risk of being struck by the crane’s hook block, lifting accessories or load.
Traditionally: The distance between the horn, often located near the operator’s cab, and the load, is inconsistent and does not efficiently warn site personnel to the position of the hook block or load. The same can be said for airhorns or whistles when used by riggers. In both scenarios, the attention of the work force is diverted to where the sound is coming from, as opposed to the hazard.
Solution: Fit a warning system to the hook block. When activated, the consistent proximity between the hook block and the load enhances the efficiency of the warning system and draws attention to the hazard, not away from it.
- Uses high powered neodymium magnets
- Easy to install, remove and charge
- Two hand-held transmitters per system
- Easy to use, multifunction operation
- 2 x 78db – 107db Electronic Sounders
- 180° LED Beacon
- Choice of 4 Beacon Colours
- Pair transceivers with the push of a button
- Built in Lithium Ion battery with 124-hour battery life 3
- Built in, fold away carry handles
- Long range transmitter and receiver 5
- Purpose built aluminium housing
- Built in lanyard anchors
- Safety lanyard provides secondary security tethering
- LED power indicator
- 86mm low profile design
- Durable all-weather design, manufactured to IP67 4 rating
- -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F) operating temperature
- Easy Access Fuse
- High quality industrial charge connector
- Optional cab transmitter
- CE and FCC Approved
How it works
The handheld fob is activated by the riggers or lifting crew. When operated, the signal is transmitted to the receiver on the hook block of the crane.
The transmitter is activated by a footswitch in the crane cab. When operated, the signal is transmitted to the receiver on the hook block of the crane.
On receipt of a signal from a transmitter, the Receiver is activated, alerting the workforce to the proximity of the hook block.
MODULAR DESIGN, COMPATIBLE ACROSS A WIDE VARIETY OF CRANES 1
BlokAlert Receiver (BA-R1)
Along with the LED Beacon, the BlokAlert Receiver is capable of up to 528 different audible warnings. This audio-visual warning system, combined with great functionality, performance and design make this a must for all lifting operations.
SIZE AND WEIGHT (excluding Antenna)HEIGHT: 173mm (6.82in) WIDTH: 210mm (8.27in) DEPTH: 86mm (3.39in) WEIGHT: 3,400g (7.5lbs)
BlokAlert Fob – 4 Button (60009)
The BlokAlert Fob allows the riggers to operate multiple BlokAlert systems across your site.
- Two x 4 Button Fobs per system
- Rugged Design complete with neck lanyard
- 8 and 16 button Fobs available on request
BlokAlert Transmitter (BA-T1)
Through the use of a footswitch, the BlokAlert Transmitter gives the crane operator, hands free operation of the BlokAlert System.
The Footswitch provides the hands-free operation of the BlokAlert Transmitter. It is quick and easy to install.